Something went wrong... Please try again.
SinkFix by Rawlplug is an easy and contemporary solution to fixing a basin to any wall.
Features and benefits
- SinkFix is the fastest and easiest way to fix a basin to any wall.
- M10 fixing bolts adjust up to 300mm apart to align with the majority of wash basin fixing hole distances
- Large enough to spread the Load, small enough to be covered by even the slimmest of wash basin designs
- Vertical & horizontal levels can be fine tuned to the correct positioning
- Excellent for plasterboard/stud walls or where the wall is of poor quality
For use also with
Natural Stone (after site testing)
- Draw a horizontal line (Line 1) representing the finished height of the basin (This may be dependant if using a full pedestal and/or where the services are. Draw another horizontal line (Line 2) under the original line. The distance between Line 1 and Line 2 is the distance between the top of your basin and the fixing holes – 35mm. (This represents the top of the SinkFix® plate)
- Draw a vertical line perpendicular to the horizontal lines which corresponds to the centre of the basin, align the plate then mark the relevant holes you will be using to secure the plate.
- Drill and plug using suitable wall fixings. We recommend using at least 7 fixing points. For a plasterboard wall, if installing a wall hung basin with or without a semi pedestal make sure you locate a stud behind. In the event of installing a wash basin with a full pedestal, fixing to a plasterboard wall without a stud is sufficient with strong appropriate fixings. Fix loosely at this point, insert the M10 55mm bolts and slide to your basin’s fixing holes. Finally tighten all screws.
- Once the plate is in position tile around and up to the edge. The plate can be installed on a pretiled surface, however, the wash basin will stand proud of the wall by 3.8mm; this can be filled with silicone.
- Put silicone on the back of the wash basin where it meets the tiles, this will help reduce noise vibration. Offer up the wash basin to the protruding bolts and insert the nylon bushings through the wash basin holes (shown opposite), screw on the flange nuts and tighten using a 15mm spanner. Do not overtighten.
Need documents for other product? Visit our Technical Library.go to library
Contact us to get information about product availability and its price