100 Year Anniversary Competition 2019 Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: Rawlplug Ltd (company no. 05497750) whose registered office is at 21 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2DY.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over except employees of Rawlplug Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition.
The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland), i.e. England, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Rawlplug ltd. may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Rawlplug Ltd. satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Rawlplug ltd. reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the following URL www.becomeexpert.co.uk.
- Only one entry will be accepted. Two or more entries from the same person will be disqualified. First entry will be accepted (by date of entry).
- Closing date for entry will be Tuesday 31st December 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
How to Enter & Rules
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Step 1 – Go to the competition landing page located on www.becomeexpert.co.uk.
- Step 2 – Enter the code referring to the specific media location type, which you have seen an advert. For example LONBUS – London Bus. Media Codes include the following:
- LONBUS (London Bus)
- LONADV (London Mobile Ad Van)
- LONBILL (London Billboards)
- BIRMBUS (Birmingham Bus)
- BIRMBILL (Birmingham Billboards)
- MANBUS (Manchester Bus)
- MANBILL (Manchester Billboards)
- MANSHEET (Manchester MEN Arena)
- MOTBILL (Motorway Services Billboards)
- BMATS (Beermats)
- RAWLWEB (online)
- Step 3 – Answer all the questions (including the questionnaire) and enter your contact details
- Step 4 – Now you have the chance to WIN the Rawlplug ZERO-G Experience®, worth over £20,000
- Step 5 – There after the closing date of the 31st December 2019, a draw will be made for all the people that have answered all the specific competition questions correctly. A winner will be drawn at random from the list of correct entries by an independent adjudicator or a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The winner will then be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition rules and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
Prize & Winner
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
1 person (the winner) and a friend* to accompany the winner (The Non-Flyer Guest Package) will receive the Rawlplug ZERO-G Experience®.The experience includes flights to the USA, accommodation for 3 nights (food & drink not included) and tickets for the ZERO-G Experience® & Non-Flyer Guest Package experience. The Prize Winner will experience the following: One seat on a weightless flight to include 15 parabolic manoeuvres creating 20-30 seconds of weightlessness each. Includes ZERO-G merchandise, pre and post flight catering, professional photos of ZERO-G Experience®, video of weightless experience and certificate of weightless completion.
*Please be advised that the person (friend to accompany the winner) will be included in the Non-Flyer Guest package (An opportunity for friend or family member of ZERO-G Experience® Flyers who will keep both feet on the ground, but will join in on the pre and post flight activities. This Includes ZERO-G merchandise and attendance at the flight day orientation and the re-gravitation celebration).
- The prize (ZERO-G Experience®) will take place at a location within the USA. The promoter has the right to change the location of the ZERO-G Experience® at any time (within the USA).
- The date of the prize (ZERO-G Experience®) will be specified when the winner has been identified. The winner may or may not be given a choice of dates for the experience. Once the date of the ‘ZERO-G Experience®’ has been confirmed, it cannot be changed to an alternative date.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner by means of recorded delivery, via courier.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- All taxes, insurances, ESTA (electronic system for travel authorisation to the USA) transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the ZERO-G Experience® prize winner and non-flyer guest.
- This ZERO-G Experience® is intended for a person/s in generally good health and without physical disabilities that would create a hazard either for ZERO-G or other passengers.
- The passenger of the ZERO-G Experience® will be required to attend all pre-flight training and are required to adhere to the provided flight day itinerary. Check-in closes two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. If the passenger fails to report on time with their required government issued identification, they forfeit the experience and will not qualify for a refund or reschedule.
- The promoter certifies that the winner of the ZERO-G Experience®, he/she has reviewed all required forms and understands that all passengers will be required to sign a liability waiver and complete a standard medical form before participating in parabolic flight and that a medical screening and physician’s approval may be required for certain conditions, the results of which may prevent him/her from participating in the program. ZERO-G reserves the right to disqualify any participant at this or any time during the program should the person’s health impede the operation of the program.
- All passengers must abide by regulations set forth by ZERO-G and must also submit a signed liability waiver, medical release and registration form no later than 14 days prior to the flight date. Passengers will not be allowed on-board without signed copies of these forms.
- Rawlplug Ltd & ZERO-G is not responsible for any expenses incurred by passengers in preparing for the trip, including non- refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees or any other trip related expenses.
- Winner will be chosen:
The Prize winner will be selected by means of the Rawlplug ‘Become a Rawlplug Expert’ competition DRAW. All competition entrants with the correct answers to the questions will be entered into the prize draw and one winner will be drawn at random. Will be chosen at random by a judge or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter (Rawlplug Ltd).
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Rawlplug reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Rawlplug Ltd. also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Rawlplug Ltd reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Prize Winner will have until one year from January 31st 2020 to contact ZERO-G for redemption. Should the Prize Winner contact ZERO-G after this date, purchase of a new reservation will be required.
- Flight Guidelines
- ZERO-G prohibits the use of alcohol and drugs (motion sickness medication excluded) 5 hours prior and during the flights and CLIENT agrees to follow rules set forth by Federal Air Regulations and ZERO-G policies and procedures.
- Failure to comply with any applicable regulation will constitute a breach of contract and may result in cancellation of the flight without refund.
- ZERO-G’s pre-flight training and safety briefing, as well as all in-flight activities, will be given in English. Should the Prize winner require assistance with translation, Passengers will be required to provide a translator on the flight day. This translator is not required to participate in the flight, though it is highly recommended by ZERO-G. A translator may be registered to fly at the discounted rate of $3,500 USD plus 5% tax. To attend without participation in the flight, the standard Non-Flyer rate of $195 will be applied.
- ZERO-G has the right to reschedule or cancel a program for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to: cancelled airspace, mechanical and/or maintenance, and minimum participant requirements. ZERO-G will inform CLIENT of a rescheduled or cancelled program by written notice as soon as the cancellation has been confirmed or a rescheduled date is set. ZERO-G will make every attempt to notify CLIENT no later than ten business days prior to their scheduled flight.
- In the unlikely event ZERO-G is unable to operate the flight due to strike, act of God, war, mechanical, weather or other problems that make it inadvisable to fly, every attempt will be made to reschedule flight as soon as possible after flight time and date. Rawlplug and passengers understands that ZERO-G has a window of 48 hours following the original flight time to fulfill the services agreed to in this contract. If ZERO-G is unable to provide a flight within 48 hours of original flight time, Rawlplug, passengers and ZERO-G will reschedule the flight on a mutually agreed upon date within 12 months of the original flight date.
Liability & Insurance
- Rawlplug Ltd. cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Rawlplug Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Rawlplug Ltd liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Limitations of Liability: Rawlplug & Passengers understand and agrees that ZERO-G, its owners, agents, suppliers, employees and any other related entity or person give notice that they act only as the Service Provider for the ZERO-G Experience and assume no responsibility, howsoever caused, for injury, loss or damage to person(s) or property in connection with any service resulting directly from: acts of God, detention, annoyance, delays, expenses arising from quarantine, strikes, thefts, force majeure, failure of any means of conveyance to or from the scheduled location of the ZERO-G Experience to arrive or depart as scheduled, government restrictions or regulations and discrepancies or changes in transit or hotel services over which it has no control. Reasonable changes in the training and flight scheduling may be made where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of the participants. No other travel related services including transportation, accommodation or any other services outside of weightless flight and training for flight or any other services stated herein, are provided by ZERO-G or their partners or related entities or persons.
- ZERO-G provides $350 million combined passenger liability and third party aviation liability insurance. Individual life insurance policies should be valid, however, the passenger’s agent should be consulted prior to flight to verify validity.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation/GDPR https://rodo.rawlplug.com/ and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Rawlplug Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.